Monday, March 1, 2010

Would you like a glass of polluted water? Not me!!!


I am sooo outraged by the folllowing NYT's article I read this morning, please take a minute to read it and take a stance: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/01/us/01water.html
It pertains to the ruling on behalf of the supreme court that some corporations are exempt from respecting and adhering to the CLEAN WATER ACT, yes the issue is multifaceted one, but we can all agree that clean water is essential for human existence, no? And we must all do whatever it takes to keep our water clean!
A lot of states, florida for example, already have very low quality water available to them, an issue that must rectified and now we are all in danger of being afflicted with the same problem, it is unacceptable. Whether i'm drinking it, washing my hair in it, dipping my toes in it, bathing my child, or taking a ride on my boat (for those that are partial to this)- we all have the right to be provided with clean healthy water for daily living, there is simply no way around that. So please please, take a moment to read this article, seek more information, and most importantly let your voice be heard, the only way we will make progress is by being vocal (respectfully of course), standing our ground, and participating in the process of our democracy!
As for the supreme court, I can't recall one conscious positive ruling they have made in quite a long time, as someone commented the court should be outsourced to India and I agree, what do you think?

Please leave me some food for thought on this issue, it's so very important to all of us!

Wishing you all a blessed day...


No comments:

Post a Comment