Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Food for thought...



Today, I would like to share with you two simple yet very relevant and insightful articles featured on Yahoo news...
The first one is about taking chances, in every aspect of life, sounds simple enough but it is not so. There are a number of people, myself included, that are paralyzed by fear-fear of "no", fear of loosing, fear of failing, fear of looking stupid, fear of getting hurt, etc., and therefore loose out on all that life has to offer. Personally, I have a very hard time getting over various insecurities, I started this blog as a way of helping me overcome this overwhelming sense of "not being good enough" that I carry with me, especially in my writing. It's a day to day struggle for me, as I'm sure it is for a lot of you out there, but I'm determined to beat this torturous behavior, I have so much to value and to look forward to in life, I don't want to miss out on any of it anymore. I encourage you guys to read the article and reflect on it's very simple message-take a chance, what have you got to loose!

The second article pertains to the positive qualities that make for healthy relationships, very very important. In this age of faster, bigger, better, and more the genuine qualities that makes us such special beings have been pushed aside. Everyday, I am disheartened as I encounter people across all spectrums who carry such spirits self-centeredness and lack of good will towards others; And themselves, I must add, because I truly believe that if you don't respect and love yourself, you won't be able to treat others with the respect and love we all deserve. Take a minute to read this article and reflect on what you can do to reciprocate all the positive energy you can out into the world.

Please share your thoughts with me, if you will, and have a blessed day!...

No comments:

Post a Comment