Friday, March 12, 2010

Kitchen Beauty: Get your skin ready for spring...


I love this kitchen beauty tip from Vital Juice (a healthy living site, click on the title above to access the website); Yet another example of the diversity of yogurt, loves it! By this time of the year most of us, here in new york at least, are due for a physical spring cleaning, if you will. The constant shift between cold wind and indoor heat (not to mention environmental pollution, stress, etc., etc.) wreaks havoc on our delicate skin and gentle scrubbing is necessary to get that sexy glow back, don't you think?
This quick and easy DIY scrub (adapted verbatim from Vital Juice) is just what we need, try it, you'll love it! Please use all organic products if possible:
Brown Sugar Yogurt Scrub
Mix 1/2 cup plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt with half a cup of brown sugar
Massage on dry skin in the shower until sugar dissolves. Rinse off.
To really seal in the moisture, slather skin with sesame oil right after your shower. "It's not greasy and absorbs almost instantly", says Freedman.

*I've tried this recipe many times and I can attest that it makes your skin feel and look fabulous, especially if you are consistent with it, and sesame oil is absolutely a must have for every natural beauty regimen. I've been using organic sesame oil for quite a while now. I use it on my face, body, and as an eye make-up remover, it works great for me. And trust me, I would know if it wasn't working, my fiancee has no hairs on his tongue, as the old saying goes ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment