Friday, March 5, 2010

Doctor, doctor...



I found this NY Time's article very poignant and an important topic of discussion for all of us. In the past two years I've had very disappointing and aggravating experiences (even while pregnant) with doctors, nurses, receptionist, and insurance providers. It has left me feeling hopeless, to a certain extent, because I see no positive tangible changes occurring. It's all about the money, the sincere commitment to a patients overall well-being has been pushed aside for the dream of that third estate in the Hampton's. I totally support Dr.Brody's assertion that the medical profession, collectively, has to take a stand, centered on the long term well-being of their patients.
The only positive aspect of this is that it has made me more focused on keeping myself and my family as healthy as possible so that we don't have to deal with doctor's. Sadly, I have not found one that inspires trust in me, plus I don't have private insurance or money to pay the obscene rates they charge these days, that leaves me out of luck. It gets me so upset thinking about all this, especially because I have a baby and I want him to be treated with respect, professionalism, and genuine care above all. The medical profession is really in a state of disarray, to say the least, I pray they (as a whole) rise to the challenge and STOP focusing on how they can continue to maximize their income.

Please leave me your thoughts/comments, and let's shout out those true and good doctor's out there, they deserve it...God Bless my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment