Monday, March 8, 2010

Kitchen Beauty: Yogurt anyone?...


So, I needed a little mood/beauty lift yesterday, life's been very challenging 'round these parks, but I was not sure how to go about it. Then, it dawned on me (while preparing my baby and myself a snack), I haven't done a yogurt mask in quite a while. Yogurt is awesome!; not only does it serve as a yummy healthy snack or meal (my son and I had bananas w/yogurt and agave for breakfast, hmm good!) but it does wonders for your skin.
Did you know? that the lactic acid tightens, soothes, and soften your skin. It also refines pores as well as gets rid of germs and other bacteria, this is due to its natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Little ol' yogurt packs quite a punch. My skin looked great afterwards and most importantly I felt great!
Yogurt Mask (if possible, use all organic ingredients)
1 Tablespoon of Plain Yogurt
1 Teaspoon of honey (use an extra tsp of honey if your skin is a bit dry or a squirt of lemon if it's oily)
If the honey's hard, warm it up a bit until the consistency is slightly runny. In a small cup mix both yogurt and honey well. Apply all over your face (and neck if you are up for it), except for your eyes, and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse off with a warm cotton or muslin cloth (I like to splash w/cold water afterwards just to close up my pores).
You will feel fabulous, the results are almost immediate, your skin will look radiant, really!

Please, let me know how feel about this beauty tip and share some of your own kitchen beauty tips w/us. Also, check out this link, the site has great natural beauty recipes/tips-http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/flash/c_natural_homemade_beauty?lc=nw1131-2
God bless my friends...




No comments:

Post a Comment