Friday, October 9, 2009

The Spirit of Love...


Love is all around us. To me, the ultimate love is the one I know God has for me, for all of us. It is embodied in every sunrise, in every smiling face I see known or unknown (especially in my baby boy), in every embrace I receive from friends or family, in every blue sky we are blessed enough to look up at, in every home cooked meal my mama or grandma make for me(I don't get this often anymore, now that I a mother myself I pass that on to my baby, but when I do- that first bite tastes heavenly no matter what they made), in every moonlight that brightens our path so we can get home at night, in every breeze that whispers to us as it passes through, and in so many more subtle everyday things that we take for granted a lot of the time.

I was inspired to write this because the more I fall in love with my son, the more sensitive I am to the pain and sadness of this world. And further motivated by reading an article titled "Diary of an Escaped Sex Slave" in November's Marie Claire, a truly heartbreaking story about the reality that million's of people face daily, if you can take a few minutes to read it(link-) I notice now, more than ever, how hurt and broken some souls are.

Living in NYC the subway is where I get to really observe people, most of us do, and i've been witness to very hurtful and demeaning behavior especially from parents to children. That really hurts my heart, I look at my son and could never think of treating him with such lack of love and respect for his feelings and needs. It is clearly visible, to me, that we as a people (by that I mean worldwide) need to start healing and helping others heal. It may sound idealistic or corny to some but the power of love is the strongest force there is, if we have genuine love for ourselves and one another we can truly change the state of humanity as it stands. Remember, you do not need to know someone to love them, we are all sharing the same human experience just different journey's.

I encourage all of you reading this to embrace the spirit love and everything that comes along with it-kindness, forgiveness, joy, peace, and patience. Love is the answer!


Share with me, if you will, what does love mean to you?



PEACE & BLESSINGS...

No comments:

Post a Comment