Monday, October 5, 2009

Kitchen Beauty...

I love feeling beautiful, who doesn't, but I don't have the funds for all the "conventional" ways of going about it. However, I do have (most of the time) a kitchen full of healthy and fresh food options. As some of you might know, I volunteer at one of the food co-ops in the city and as a bonus I receive 20% off everything I purchase. I decide to volunteer mainly so I can feed my family healthy food and so that I can have some time to myself (even if it means lifting heavy loads of rolled oats,never thought i'd say that ;-)) You stay-at-home moms know where i'm coming from. Well, I never thought the secret to my beauty (wink, wink) would be born out of this endeavor as well, but it has. And this is coming from a girl who once bought a $100 jar of some ineffective european clay mask, little did I know I could have made it all by myself...

This is soo easy, saves money, eco-friendly, and taste yummy. Here are two of my favorite at home beauty treatments: *I strongly recommend using organic ingredients all around if possible, if not make do with you have, no worries.


Avocado Mask (as a superfood it will not only nourish you internally but externally as well)

1/2 an avocado
1 tablespoon of honey (raw unfiltered if available) , eyeball the honey if it feels to gooey then use less

Add the honey to the avocado (I usually use one of my son's snack containers, double duty) and mash away. Apply to face in circular upward strokes (except for eyes) and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. If you have any leftover apply it your hair, this works as a great hair mask as well.



Sugar Scrub-(delicious!) If you have sensitive skin try an oatmeal scrub instead.

2 Tablespoons of sugar (I use evaporated cane juice- very minimally processed form of sugar)
2 Teaspoons of whole milk (raw unpasteurized if available)

Mix and scrub your face in gentle circular strokes. If you want to scrub your whole body just mix a larger batch, eyeball it.



Also, I really recommend taking the time, if you can, to moist and soften up your skin and pores by applying a hot towel on your face or steam, this will help get a deeper cleanse with the scrub.

I will be posting kitchen beauty tips regularly, keep stopping by for more ;-)...

For more info.,check out these links:

this!

this!


Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment