Monday, October 19, 2009

Shake Your Groove Thing, Shake Your Groove Thing, yeah yeah...


Music makes my heart sing! We love music (after all it's what pays the bills) in our home and while we do have our favorites we listen to a wide array of genres, except to be honest for heavy punk, heavy metal, and the like. It not only helps the day go by smoother but it also stirs an emotional response in us powerful enough to soothe, calm, excite, or even depress but we won't dwell on the latter. The focus is to fill your home and heart with positive, happy, powerful emotions, feelings, vibes and maintaining that beautiful balance day in and day out. This is important not only for those of us with kids but for all of us, we all deserve to feel happy, safe, and comfortable in our homes, our sanctuaries. Music is key in achieving this balance of course along with making overall healthy lifestyle choices (spirituality, healthy food, exercise, giving back, etc.).

Also, I know that lots of parents are very much convinced that classical music is going to make their kids smarter and while I respect everyone's point of views, I simply ask that you don't deprive your child of all the beautiful and powerful melodies that are out there. Since my baby was born we have made it a point to play all kinds of music, we love all kinds of music ourselves, so why not. And while I prefer happy and positive tunes, I do put on some of my favorite old school rap/hip-hop classics (being careful to choose the clean versions if available or we just come up with our own lyrics). Some of our happiest family moments have been just dancing around the living room like silly rabbit's (plus, my son cracks up when I try to hit high some of those high notes, just so you know i'm a total closet beyonce). So, please open up and explore, let the power of music take over you!

Here are BSB's TOP TEN baby friendly Tunes (we have sooo many it was hard but here goes):

"I just Can't Wait to be King"-The lion King Soundtrack

"Hakuna Matata"-The Lion King Soundtrack

"Bare Necessities"-The Jungle Book Soundtrack

"L.O.V.E."-Nat King Cole or Joss Stone's version

"Fly Me To The Moon"-Frank Sinatra, come lon your kids have to know about old blue eyes

"Cruisin'"-Smokey Robinson

"Twistin The Night Away"-Sam Cooke

"I want You Back"-Jackson 5

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough"-Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye

"Uptight"-Stevie Wonder

and my bonus picks are:

"Knock You Down"-Keri Hilson ft. Kanye & Ne-yo

"Good Life"-Kanye ft. T-pain

"For Once In My Life"-Stevie Wonder


Crank up those happy tunes and clear your mind of the day's troubles and get down on it, honey!

And please share with me your favorite baby friendly jams, until next time, God bless...

2 comments:

  1. nice to meet u, hv a nice blog here & baby is so sweet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much for the support and compliments for my baby, I checked out your blog as well and looks nice also, just a slight language barrier ;-)

    ReplyDelete