Thursday, October 22, 2009

I want this wardrobe: Hilary Swank in Amelia:luckymag.com


I want this wardrobe: Hilary Swank in Amelia:luckymag.com

I am slowly but surely regaining my passion for fashion (it's been a rough year or so, with the baby and all) and I am soo craving all things vintage, mixed with rich colors and swirled with a little 80's influence to be exact. I've always loved vintage pieces (clothing, accessories, furniture, books, art, etc.) not just for the aesthetics but for the history each piece embodies; I feel a connection to aged and worn items, don't know why but I just do ;-).

This short piece on Hillary Swank caught my eye, she is also on the cover of the November issue of Marie Claire (a mag I love), so she's been popping up all around me, shout out to you Hillary, lately and most importantly she's been sporting some great numbers both in the mag's shoot and in this upcoming Amelia Earhart movie (which looks good).

I have never really put much thought into articulating my style, I simply like what I like when I like it, but as of recent I have been putting a little more emphasis on defining my style (i'm tired of buying random pieces that I can't seem to pair with anything else plus i'm on a tight budget), my taste, and this quote states it best, "just a great mix of tomboy-ish, slick, feminine and cool...", I would also add sexy, I like to feel and look sexy without looking crass.

I can't wait to get out and score some great finds, i'm in total need of a wardrobe makeover, I will be sharing with any great pieces I come across ;-)

Please, share with me, what is your current fashion craving? how would you articulate your style? I look forward to hearing from you...

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that a mixture of tomboy-ish, feminine, always looks fab! I would say that Chanel (back in the Coco days) is a great inspiration for this type of look. She did start the trend after all. And there's plenty of places that have great pieces in the city. Urban Outfitters is having a pretty amazing sale on the womens clothing. 50% of everythign thats on sale! Ladies i think we've entered heaven! What could be better than half off an item that's already on sale! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are absolutely right about chanel being a great inspiration for this look, oh what i would give for a chanel shopping spree or rather for vintage chanel, ahhh. However, it's out of reach for most of us so the next best thing is to shop vintage stores,salvation army, church sales, garage sales, etc., i have found some gems throughout the years and plus it pushes us to get creative with our style. And thanks for the tip on urban, i might make an appearance at one of the locations in nyc this week ;-). Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete