Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TOXIC AMERICA...

CNN.com has a great special coverage going on about how toxic the world around us really is. It's covering everything from toxic fruits and veggies to how toxic our air is to babies being born toxic(can you believe it?). Every time I read all the information that is out about toxins, I practically cry, sounds dramatic but it scares me so much. I have a beautiful baby boy and I feel helpless knowing that he's been born into such a dirty world, and I mean that literally; every breath he takes could be killing him slowly. However, I try not to panic, I do my best to feed him healthy and organic foods, to not use toxins in our home, and to help make a difference to keep our earth healthy. It sounds corny but, "every little bit helps", don't doubt it. A lot of us become paralyzed when we feel helpless, because we do not see an immediate cure we feel that our efforts are obsolete. But if that were true then some of the biggest breakthroughs in society would never have occurred-the abolition of slavery for one, women's rights, apartheid- are all examples of overwhelmingly difficult circumstances that were overcome, slowly but surely, by individuals who valued every effort as minute as it might have seem at the time. I encourage you all to trash that mentality if you practice it, instead effect positive change even in the slightest way, but just do it!!  Click here to access the special coverage.

Share your thoughts/suggestions with me...God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment